Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Meet the Candidates: Jacob Reilly for State Senior Councilor

Convention is soon approaching, and we have more candidates to get to know. We have two candidates for the office of State Senior Councilor. The first is Bro. Jacob Reilly of al-Aksa Chapter.  



My name is Jacob Reilly, but everyone calls me JR. I have been involved with DeMolay since 2013. I have been Master Councilor for al-Aksa Chapter for 2 terms and I have earned my PMC-MSA. The term 2017 - 2018 was my first experience of what it is like to be a Elected State Officer. Throughout this past term, DeMolay has changes me for the better. Besides DeMolay, in my free time I am active with my Boy Scout Troop in Roaring Spring and I only need to attend the final board of review for my Eagle Scout Rank. I am also very active in my Youth Group at First Church of the Brethren in Roaring Spring. I am currently a Junior at Central High School in Martinsburg, PA. After I am finished with High School, my plan is to enlist into the US Navy and become a Corpsman in the Navy.

What is your greatest DeMolay experience or accomplishment?
My greatest DeMolay experience or accomplishment is hard to describe in just one instance. I have so many experiences that have formed me into a better man. If I could limit to just one, it would have to be the time that I obtained the PMC-MSA which was presented to me by the Right Worshipful Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania, S. Eugene Herritt. It was quite an honor to receive, especially by someone with great honor and who is well respected.

Who are some of your DeMolay influences and how have they inspired you?
This is a tough question because there are many great men and women who have helped me become a better person and a better DeMolay. I certainly would not be where I am now without them. Honestly I would have to say that Bro. Tyler Moyer has truly mentored me through many problems, whether it be personal or DeMolay related, he has always directed me in the right direction and I know if I had any issues I can come to him for the best advice. He truly has been there for me and I thank him for all his help along the way. I am glad to call him my brother.

What are your goals if elected to serve as a State Officer?
My goals as a candidate for State Senior Councilor are few, but would make a very positive impact on the organization as a whole.
  1. Improve attendance at state functions.
  2. Inspire new members to prioritize DeMolay by becoming an active part of the organization.
  3. Increase communications between chapters, whether by activities, district meetings, and visitations to general meetings.
My personal goals are to maintain a priority for DeMolay but to enhance my involvement in the organization.  My first year as a state officer was a learning experience in both a good way and bad. I have formed many friendships in the brotherhood.  I have met very dedicated men and women. This has caused me to evaluate myself and to see where I can increase my dedication and involvement.

The registration deadline for Convention is June 10th. Make sure you are there for your chance to vote for your Elected State Officers. See you in Gettysburg!

No comments:

Post a Comment