Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Meet the Candidates: Tyler Moyer for Deputy State Master Councilor


Convention is just around the corner, so lets take a few minutes to meet the candidates for Elected State Office. Members will get the chance to elect their officers during the Business Session the Saturday morning of Convention. They were all asked to provide a biography and an answer to the three questions below.

For those of you who may not know, my name is Benjamin Tyler Moyer; yes it really is Benjamin. I’ve been a member of DeMolay since KeyMan 2010 and have always thoroughly enjoyed it. During my time, I served as the Master Councilor of my Chapter multiple times, earning my PMC-MSA along the way. Last year I was elected to serve as your State Junior Councilor and over the course of the year I tried to become as active as possible. It was, and still is, my goal to be there as much as I can for our members, because it is through you that DeMolay will prosper.

What are your goals if elected to serve as an Elected State Officer?
If elected, it will be my goal to continue bringing new ideas to the table and to be a very visible State Officer. Coming to as many activities that are held on the Chapter level as possible. When I first became Master Councilor my brother told me that it should be my goal and it is my duty to try to leave the Chapter in better shape than when I joined it. That’s what will be my big goal for the next few years on the State level.

What is your greatest DeMolay experience or accomplishment?
My greatest DeMolay experience actually occurred last November. It was the Regional Game Truck Party that I had planned for my Chapter. I personally feel that it was the best event I’ve ever planned. We had close to 40 attendees; DeMolay’s and prospects. Having that be a success is what has reignited my fire for planning more Regional events in the future.

Who are your DeMolay influences and how have they inspired you?
My DeMolay influences would definitely have to be the State Master Councilors that I came up under. It was and is through their leadership that I learned what a leader is and I learned how I should act and lead as a State Officer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment