Monday, June 26, 2017

Meet the Candidates: Dylan Kirk for State Senior Councilor

Convention is just around the corner, so lets take a few minutes to meet the candidates for Elected State Office. Members will get the chance to elect their officers during the Business Session the Saturday morning of Convention. They were all asked to provide a biography and an answer to the three questions below.

My name is Dylan Kirk and I am running for the office of State Senior Councilor. I am a Past Master Councilor of Westmoreland Chapter. This fall I will be entering my junior year of high school. Throughout my four years in DeMolay, I have earned several awards including my lamp of Knowledge and my Representative DeMolay Award. Some of my interests are baseball, hockey, and movies, my favorites are: the Cars trilogy, Saving Private Ryan, The Sandlot.

What are your goals if elected to serve as an Elected State Officer?
If elected to State Senior Councilor, I hope that I will be able to bring new ideas to help improve PA DeMolay. I also hope to help the individual chapters, a goal of mine is to visit each chapter at least once, so that we, as state officers, can have better communication with the chapters to help them improve as well.

What is your greatest DeMolay experience or accomplishment?
Although I have had many great experiences, varying from chapter events, to becoming a state officer. I’d have to pick going to the Naval Academy in Annapolis Maryland. I was Master Councilor of my chapter at the time and I chose to do that for My Government Day. It was a great experience that I will never forget.

Who are your DeMolay influences and how have they inspired you?
Of all the great people I have met and gotten to know in DeMolay, whether they are from my chapter or the state, many of them have taught me valuable lessons. Two of my greatest DeMolay influences are Adam Neubauer and Isaac Holtzer. Adam recruited me into DeMolay and was my mentor, at least I saw him that way, before the bro tie program. Isaac became State Master Councilor shortly after I joined. While he was SMC, he still participated in chapter events and I was able to observe his leadership style in the chapter and on the state level. I was able put that towards my own leadership skills, especially with being a state officer.

No comments:

Post a Comment