Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Meet the Candidates: Sean Reitze for State Junior Councilor

Convention is just around the corner, so lets take a few minutes to meet the candidates for Elected State Office. Members will get the chance to elect their officers during the Business Session the Saturday morning of Convention. They were all asked to provide a biography and an answer to the three questions below.

Hello Pennsylvania DeMolay! My name is Sean Reitze and I am a member of Pilgrim Chapter. I am 19 years old and a student at West Chester University. I am majoring in Computer Science and minoring in Communication Studies and Spanish. As my major may suggest, I have an interest in technology and hope to bring that interest to PA DeMolay as I am running for the office of State Junior Councilor. Since joining DeMolay in May of 2013, I have earned my PMC-MSA for both terms of office as Master Councilor and I have served as an Appointed State Officer for two years. In my free time, I enjoy photography, travel, socializing, and throwing my free time away on social media and Netflix.

What are your goals if elected to serve as an Elected State Officer?
If elected, one of my goals involves enhancing communication across the State. We cannot be strong without communication between our State Officer Corps, Executive Officer, EO Staff, and all our Chapters. I would also like to utilize technology and social media to our advantage as they are becoming more integral to our lives. Social media can help bring DeMolay to a wider audience: we can help PA DeMolay grow in membership and remain relevant today.

Who are your DeMolay influences and how have they inspired you?
My greatest DeMolay influences include Dad Knapp and Dad Berry. They exemplify dedication to the Order and their support has shaped me to become the DeMolay I am today. I enjoy working with them; they motivate me and push me to be the best I can be.

What is your greatest DeMolay experience or accomplishment?
After a great deal of thought through all the events I have attended over the past four years, I would have to say that my greatest DeMolay experience would be the 007 Weekend at Patton Campus last term. A brilliant idea manifested into an excellent event with proper execution – this made it my most memorable Patton weekend to-date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment