Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Meet the Candidates: Kody Anderson for State Junior Councilor

Convention is soon approaching, and we have more candidates to get to know. We have two candidates for the office of State Junior Councilor The first is Bro. Kody Anderson of Elizabethtown Chapter.

Hi, I'm Kody Anderson and I'm a candidate for the office of State Junior Councilor. I joined Elizabethtown Chapter on September 21, 2014. After serving in several appointed offices and as Junior Councilor and Senior Councilor, I served as Master Councilor from January 7, 2017 to June 24, 2017. Following my term, I was appointed Assistant Scribe through the rest of 2017, and as Scribe for 2018. I've earned my Representative DeMolay Award, was a finalist in the RD of the Year Competition in 2017, and earned the LCC Lamp of Knowledge. Elizabethtown Chapter has a special DeMolay of the Year Award that is presented to the member who has provided the most hours of service to the chapter and after two years of being first runner up, I was named the Elizabethtown DeMolay of the Year in 2017 with over 120 hours of service. For the past year, I have been traveling to chapters in the area to help on Installing Teams, often serving as Installing Officer. At Convention, I was appointed Region E Representative, working with Elizabethtown and Riverside Chapters. I'll be a Senior at Donegal Area High School in the Fall. After High School, I plan to go to college to study Accounting. 

What is Your Greatest DeMolay Experience or Accomplishment?

My greatest accomplishment in DeMolay came recently with the opportunity to manage the Dodgeball for Dyslexia 4 Tournament that was held on May 12th. My goal was to grow a program that PMC Evan Crawford, the founder and manager for the first three years, had done a great job with.
 Through the help of many, our platinum sponsors grew from 8 to 12. Registered teams went from 12 to 14.  Funds raised in 2018 grew from $3,154 in 2017 to $3,940.  This was all possible because of the group of volunteers, chapters and Masonic organizations who worked with me with one goal in mind: raise the most money we could for the Children's Dyslexia Centers while having a lot of fun doing it. 

Who are some of your DeMolay influences and how have they inspired you?

One of my biggest influences in DeMolay is Jake Beers. When I was a brand new member in 2014, Jake was one of the guys I met when I went to my first DeMolay activity. Jake has inspired me to be the best that I can be.
 He has shown me that hard work and attention to detail is important in planning and executing programs. He’s shown me how to be a brother to every member. He’s always been available to offer advice, help when I’ve needed it, answer questions and assist me in figuring out things. He’s taught me that it’s important to be understanding and patient, and that it’s okay to have a good time while doing more serious things.

What are your goals if elected to serve as a State Officer?

If elected State Junior Councilor my goals will include:

1)  Working with the other Elected and Appointed State Offices to ensure the highest quality of programming.  Every program, every installation and every project we do should be well-planned, well-executed and the best that they can be. 

2) 
I want to live up to the high expectations of those who elected me, always doing my very best. It’s not enough to just get a job done, it’s important to plan in advance, be thorough, to set an example that others will want to follow, and to be someone who inspires others to be and do their very best.

3)  I hope that I am able to help the entire team of state officers become more of a team, working toward common successes that will benefit each and every one of our members.

Registration for Convention is due June 10th. Make sure you are there for a chance to vote for the Elected State Officers to represent PA DeMolay for the 2018-2019 year.

No comments:

Post a Comment