Since March is less than a month away, now is the best time to decide what your chapter will do for DeMolay Month. DeMolay Month is an entire month of celebrating the fun and exciting things that DeMolay has to offer. In Pennsylvania there is also a DeMolay Month Competition with awards presented at Convention to the top 3 chapters with the most points during the month.
So, what are some good ways to celebrate DeMolay Month? I put together a short list of ideas that your chapter may want to consider in order to make it the best DeMolay Month ever.
- Have your chapter go on a visitation to another DeMolay Chapter. It’s always interesting to see a DeMolay meeting from a different perspective.
- Invite Senior DeMolays to an activity, whether a meeting or fun activity. Most Senior DeMolays enjoy seeing their chapter again. It reminds them of why they enjoyed DeMolay so much when they were a member.
- Present the “Hi Dad!” book to a local library or school.
- Perform a community service project and a Masonic service project. DeMolay members take pride in providing service to the community and to the Masonic bodies.
- Invite your chapter’s Masonic Sponsors to a meeting or a fun activity. This will help show that your chapter appreciates the support the sponsors have been giving.
- Induct new members into the chapter. Membership is a big part of what makes DeMolay successful.
- Send in an article and photo about your DeMolay chapter to a local newspaper. This will help promote DeMolay through the local community.
- Contact local government officials and have them sign proclamations making March DeMolay Month.
- Make the week of March 18th, DeMolay Week.
- Advertise DeMolay. You could wear a DeMolay shirt to work or school, display the DeMolay logo on your vehicle or backpack, or change your profile picture to be DeMolay related on your social media account. Be proud of DeMolay!
March is almost here, so plan the month now before it’s too late. Look at the DeMolay Month checklist to see all of the ways your chapter can earn points. Good luck to all chapters, and may the odds be ever in your favor.
Until next time – “Dad” Joe Pullin