Monday, March 22, 2010

Kach Essay Contest - Region II Results


I received the message below, from Dad Rick Smith, the Region II Representative on the DI Board of Directors and wanted to share it with all of you.

I am very proud of the fact that 7 of the 10 submissions came from Pennsylvania, and every one of them was well-written and carefully thought out. I really appreciate the efforts of our members who took part and who share their carefully thoughout essays.

Please take a moment and join me in congratulating Bro. Jonathan Webster of Delaware Valley Chapter on winning the Regional portion of this national contest. His essay will now be considered for the national prize.

All the others who participated are still in contention for the Pennsylvania prize, which will be announced at Convention.

Sincerely and fraternally,

"Dad" Tom Labagh

Thomas R. Labagh
Executive Officer


FROM RICK SMITH, REGION II REPRESENTATIVE TO THE D.I. BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Brethren,

I received some very outstanding essays from your members. Please convey my congratulations to your members. It was evident by the quality of the essays, that they spent much time and effort in preparing them. Please convey my thanks to:

Tenth Grade and below:

Allah-Rule Clark NY
Zachariah Guay MD

Eleventh Grade and above:

Nitesh Donti DC
Matthew Blaisdell PA
Matthew Maple PA
Jonathan Webster PA
W. Thomas Moyer PA
James Palo PA
Alexander Rauschenberger PA
Howard Wagner PA

Because of the quality of the essays, I formed a four panel judging panel consisting of three DeMolay Advisors who did not have a person in thier State competing and one Master Mason that is an Educator at the College level.

I have forwarded all essays to DI with our selection of winners for Region II. They are:

10th Grade and Below: Zachariah Guay MD
11th Grade and above: Jonathon Webster PA

Please convey my sincere congratulations to these members, and my hope that they continue to show and prove their faith in our great organization.

DAD RICK SMITH

No comments:

Post a Comment