Thursday, July 6, 2017

Meet the Candidates: Jacob Reilly for State Scribe

Convention is just around the corner, so lets take a few minutes to meet the candidates for Elected State Office. Members will get the chance to elect their officers during the Business Session the Saturday morning of Convention. They were all asked to provide a biography and an answer to the three questions below.

My name is Jacob Reilly, I am running for State Scribe 2017-2018 term of Pennsylvania DeMolay. On March 2013 I proudly joined al-Aksa DeMolay located in Altoona, Pa. Since I joined, I have helped the Councilors of my chapter to the best of ability. On September 26, 2016 I became Master Councilor of al-Aksa Demolay, with the intent to increase membership and attendance to events and meetings. I earned the Past Master Councilor Meritorious Service Award, Representative DeMolay and Lamp of Knowledge. I am a Junior at Central High School in Martinsburg Pa, proud member of the FFA and National Honor Society and engaged in Central High School Soccer. I belong to the Boy Scouts of America of Troop 57 in Roaring Spring Pa. I am currently working on my Eagle Scout Project, hoping to have it completed by September of 2017. 

What are your goals if Elected to serve as an Elected State Officer?
My goal if elected as State Scribe is to keep proper records of the events. I plan to work with the State Master Councilor to make his term successful. I plan to help chapters across Pennsylvania to increase communication and strive to maintain membership and help members improve their leadership skills.

What is your greatest DeMolay experience or accomplishment?
My greatest Demolay experience is when I joined I helped restore al-Aksa DeMolay back to its proper form and the way every DeMolay chapter should be functioning and helping its membership increase throughout the years.

Who are your DeMolay influences and how have they inspired you?
My Greatest DeMolay influence is my father, Dad John Reilly. He has been my mentor since the day I joined DeMolay, giving me advice on leadership, ritual, and he has helped me love DeMolay as much as I do now. Also the Past Master Councilors of al-Aksa DeMolay and Past State Master Councilors of Pennsylvania have influenced me a lot throughout my DeMolay career.

No comments:

Post a Comment