Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Meet the Candidates: Mary Lichtenwalner

Convention is right around the corner, which means it will be time to vote for PA DeMolay's Elected State Officers. This series will introduce you to each candidate as they prepare to run for office. This time, we take a look at our State Sweetheart Candidates. They were asked for a biography and an answer to the following questions on their application. Here are their responses.

Hello members of Pennsylvania DeMolay. My name is Mary Lichtenwalner and I am representing Carlisle Chapter Order of DeMolay. I will be a Junior at Central Dauphin High School. I am a member of the marching band, concert band, color guard and choir. As of May 3rd, I am also a part of the National Honor Society. I work for Hershey Entertainment and Resorts, exclusively at Hershey Park. I am a member of Job's Daughters, having served as Grand Senior Custodian and recently installed as Senior Princess.

Why do you want to become the State Sweetheart of Pennsylvania DeMolay?
I have thoroughly enjoyed being a Chapter Sweetheart for Carlisle Chapter. I also have a friend who has received help from the Children's Dyslexia Centers. Combining my respect for DeMolay and my belief in the work of the Dyslexia Centers is the perfect way to further represent DeMolay as the State Sweetheart. 

Although you cannot fund-raise on your own, what fundraising ideas could you bring if a chapter asked you for new ideas?
A few of the ideas I would be able to come up with include holding a Chinese Auction, movie nights, raffles and even finding a local restaurant that will allow a fundraiser to take place such as Friendly's or Applebees. 

What do you know about the Children's Dyslexia Center?
It was founded by J. Phillip Berquist (a Freemason) with the help of local Freemasons and the Reading Disabilities Unit from Massachusetts General Hospital. It offers tutoring for any age, economical status or whether they have a Masonic relationship or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment