Thursday, February 6, 2014

Introducing "Dad" Loughin

Today's post comes from "Dad" Dan Loughin, of Reading Chapter, who will be assisting "Dad" Panitzke in running the Key Man Conference this year. Check it out and get to know him!

Allow me to introduce myself.  I am “Dad” Loughin, and I am proud to serve as the Assistant Director of the Key Man conference this year.

As some of you know, I have a good history with DeMolay.  I joined Ches-Mont Chapter, which met in Conshohocken, in 1998.  The town is as hard to pronounce as it looks.  I served as Master Councilor of my chapter in 2000.  For the 2001/2002 Convention year, I served as State Junior Councilor.  In 2007, I joined Reading Chapter’s Advisory Council, and in 2010 I started my tenure as Chapter Advisor.  As you can imagine, I have been very busy in the DeMolay world.  I’ve even risked my head for the good of the order (if you want to know about that, ask!)

As you read in “Dad” Panitzke’s post, you should be aware by now that we are changing the Key Man Conference to a University style learning area, dedicated to teaching you what you want to learn.  This is the direction that we felt we needed to take, as DeMolay grows ever closer to a more individualized organization.  Do you like presenting Ritual?  Great!  We have a Key Man program for you.  Do you like service projects?  Great!  We have a Key Man program for you.  Do you want to be a leader in your chapter?  Great!  We have a… Do you see where I’m going?

Even if you’ve been to Key Man before, we want you to come back.  You’ll have a completely different experience than the last time you were here, I guarantee it.  Speaking of the change, you might what know that when I was an active member, we had a completely different conference.  There were 2 tracks, one for new members to DeMolay, and one for Junior and Senior Councilors.  There wasn’t much customization beyond that.  As you can imagine, this is quite the departure.

As DeMolay is for any young many between the ages of 12 and 20, we want any DeMolay between those ages to attend.  We promise that you’ll have a great week, and that your week will be nothing like another attendee’s.

I will be present at many of Pennsylvania’s events, so if you have a question on anything Key Man related, feel free to ask!

All the best,

“Dad” Loughin

No comments:

Post a Comment