Thursday, March 14, 2013

Convention, ahoy!

Today, I am off to Erie to have a whirlwind day of meetings with the Bayfront Convention Center and the Erie Bayfront Sheraton, all in an effort to get Convention 2013 ready for the members and friends of PA DeMolay. I'll also be meeting with advisors from Erie Chapter, who will be helping with hospitality and planning a special event for those coming to the Convention.

At this time, I'm also able to announce some staffing changes for the Convention staff. After much deliberation, it was decided that I will stay on as Director of Convention for up to three more years. "Dads" Labagh, Morse, and Panitzke will remain on staff as Assistant Directors. I am also in the process of looking at two other advisors who I may add to the team in the future, all in an effort to effect a well timed and planned transition. Bro. Matthew Traverso remains the Youth Director for this year, assisted by Bro. Michael Donahue.

The other bit of breaking news that I have relates to future Convention sites. We are deep into the negotiation / contract approval process for Conventions 2014 and 2015. Right now, it looks like Convention 2014 will be in Reading, PA (which hasn't hosted a Convention since 2002), with Convention 2015 happening in Gettysburg, PA (it was 1987 the last time we were Gettysburg!) We are trying hard to find new and interesting sites for Convention and I think both of these venues will be great opportunities to explore new areas.

I look forward to bringing you more news of Convention on my return.

Frat! ~ "Dad" Seth Anthony


No comments:

Post a Comment