Thursday, November 17, 2016

Brotherhood at it's Finest

"Brotherhood is the very price and condition of man's survival."
Carlos P. Romulo

DeMolay International is recognizing today's date, November 17th as Brotherhood Day. What does brotherhood mean to you?

The term brotherhood refers to a bond that cannot be easily broken. It means having a friendship that will last the length of time. In DeMolay, brotherhood is one of the sole purposes of the organization. We build friendships with people we otherwise may never have gotten to know. We as DeMolay's are expected to work together, have each others back, and support each other. 

To me, brotherhood is a group of people that will always be by your side. Because of DeMolay, I have close friends who I consider my brothers all over the world. I've had brothers from my home chapter who have helped me solve several problems as a team. I've had friends from across the state, including Harrisburg, Pittsburgh and Erie. I've even had the privilege of meeting friends from all over the world. I've worked with DeMolay members from New Jersey, New York, Virginia, Delaware, Maryland, Texas, Tennessee, Utah and Canada. Brotherhood and DeMolay go hand in hand. 

Take advantage of that bond. A lot of the members that attend KeyMan University had the chance to meet DeMolay members from jurisdictions other that Pennsylvania. Get to know them and stay in touch. You may find a bond worth keeping. Continue the brotherhood that has made DeMolay great for nearly 100 years. 

Until next time - "Dad" Joe Pullin

Happy Brotherhood Day

#IAMDEMOLAY

    

No comments:

Post a Comment