Monday, July 15, 2013

It is coming...

Yes, you read that title right. IT is coming. What is it?

Convention is mere days away. More than two years of planning have gone into this event and I sincerely hope that everyone has a good time. Erie is a great city and we have some wonderful events planned. Yes, it's going to be a busy weekend, but that's what makes Convention so special. I know going in to this event that the following things are going to happen:
  1. Someone is going to be unhappy with the food.
  2. Someone is going to be unhappy with the hotel.
  3. Someone is going to be unhappy that they didn't have a piece of information they wanted.
  4. Someone is going to get charged for parking, no matter how many times I've stressed that attendees shouldn't park at the hotel.
  5. Someone is going to be unhappy at the lack of a hospitality suite.
Every year I become a basket case, always trying to make sure everything is perfect for everyone. This is the fifth PA DeMolay Convention I have planned and executed. I haven't had a perfect one yet. I know this one isn't going to be perfect. Nor will next year's. Nor will the year after that.

What I do know is that the staff and myself have put in hundreds of hours of work to bring you the best experience we can. At the end of the weekend, regardless of any other issues, I know we did our best work. That is all we can ask out of our advisors and our DeMolays - and I appreciate those that have contributed to making this year's Convention a success.

Please, enjoy your Convention - don't let the little things get you down - but rather look at all the good that is being done. That's what PA DeMolay is all about.

Frat! ~ "Dad" Seth Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment