Monday, July 22, 2013

Thank You's and Updates Galore

Since I'm just getting back from PA DeMolay Convention 2013, this is going to be a short blog post. If you're looking for something to read, I'd encourage you to head over to pademolay.org and check out all of the updates that are coming down the pike. We've got new leadership for the next year, along with several new programs for DeMolays and Advisors. Take some time to read it over - there is a ton of good stuff there!

Now, I'd like to thank everyone that helped make Convention 2013 possible. Bro. Matt Traverso, Youth Director, and Bro. Mike Donahue, Asst. Youth Director, both did fabulous work and made sure all of the little things got done behind the scenes. "Dad" David Labagh was my second set of eyes all weekend and if it wasn't for his ability to think on his feet, many things would have fallen through the cracks. "Dad" Zack Panitzke, my tech guru, saved the day more than once, but most especially when he wrote a computer program, on the fly, to handle ballot counting. "Dad" Denny Morse continued helping at Registration, while "Dad" David Berry managed to keep everything flowing. Without these guys, I couldn't make Convention happen. They are great friends and brothers - I want to once again extend my thanks to them.

Thanks to Erie Chapter for their work in preparing the hospitality bags and for inviting all DeMolays to their club room on Friday afternoon.

Lastly, I'd like to thank those who attended - especially those who stayed in the overflow hotel. I know it wasn't ideal, but you made it work and for that I'm very appreciative. We had no issues with the hotels or the Convention Center and all of the DeMolay's showed their true character by acting like respectable young men.

That's all til Thursday - see you then!

Frat! ~ "Dad" Seth Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment