Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Meet the Candidates: Brian Martin

Convention is right around the corner, which means it will be time to vote on PA DeMolay's Elected State Officers. This series will introduce you to each candidate as they prepare to run for office. They were all asked to provide a short biography and an answer the three questions below.

My name is Brian Eduardo Martin and I am running for the office of State Junior Councilor for the 2016-2017 DeMolay year. I am 18 years old and I attend Connection Academy, where I will be a Senior this year. I am a Past Master Councilor of Carlisle Chapter, in which I earned my PMC-MSA. I’ve been a member of DeMolay for a little over 3 years. I have also earned my Representative DeMolay Award. In my free time, I like to fish and golf. Some interesting facts about me: my favorite superhero is Batman, my favorite type of pie is Lemon Meringue and my favorite movie is Back to the Future. 

If you are elected to serve, what do you hope to accomplish?
As State Junior Councilor, I would like to help the smaller chapters with increasing their membership. Membership is a pivotal part of DeMolay and I want to help all chapters succeed. I also want to help the State Master Councilor achieve any and all of his goals.
           
What is your greatest DeMolay experience?
My greatest DeMolay experience would have to be the time I went to New York DeMolay’s Winterfest. It was a great opportunity to see how close another state is between the members and advisors. 

Who are some of your DeMolay influences?
My biggest DeMolay influence would be “Dad” William Sardone, who was recently installed as Grand Master of DeMolay International. “Dad” Sardone is one of the most passionate and dedicated advisors that DeMolay has to offer. I met him at a college graduation, and we still keep in touch to this day. He also took the time to attend my Installation when I went in as Master Councilor of Carlisle Chapter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment