Tuesday, November 14, 2017

May 14th, 2013: How it All Got Started


The following post is from Sean Reitze, State Junior Councilor of Pennsylvania DeMolay and PMC of Pilgrim Chapter. 

It’s hard to believe that over four years have passed since the initiation of Bro. Chris Morales and I into the Order of DeMolay. It all started a month or so before we both joined: both of us were invited to a game truck party hosted by Pilgrim Chapter. Both of us enjoy video games, so we were both sold. In addition, we saw the comaraderie between the members which reinforced our decision to join. We knew this was something we wanted to be a part of.

If I haven’t joined the Order of DeMolay, I have no idea what these past 4 years would have been. I wouldn’t be the same person. DeMolay has opened doors and given me experiences I never thought I would be able to do. At the beginning of my DeMolay membership, I never saw myself as a Master Councilor of Pilgrim Chapter, I never saw myself as a Representative DeMolay, and I never saw myself as an Elected State Officer. The beauty of DeMolay is that it allowed me to grow as a person to become capable of accomplishing all of these goals, even if they weren't my goals going in. My fellow Brothers and Advisors have helped shape me into the person I am today.

As the saying goes, you get out of DeMolay what you put in it. I encourage everyone to challenge themselves to set goals and accomplish different things throughout their time within and outside of DeMolay. Before I sign off, if you’re an Active DeMolay reading this, I would like you to answer these following questions for yourself: When did you join DeMolay? Why did you join? How has your time in DeMolay benefited you? Take your answers and apply them to your Chapter’s membership program: membership is essential for the continued success of our organization.


This is Sean Reitze, State Junior Councilor, signing off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment