Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Thank You For Serving

On this special Veterans Day version of the blog, I'd like to just take the time to thank our Veterans who have served our country. Many of our DeMolay members and advisors, past and present, have served our country. Their efforts should not go unnoticed.

Patriotism is one of the seven core lessons we learn in DeMolay. We all have a special place in our hearts for our country, but some take it a step further and serve in some branch of military.  Members of the military sacrifice their lives everyday to make sure our families are safe here in America. They believe in our country and its principles. They continue to fight for their country because they know it's worth fighting for. We salute you for your dedication.

Do you have something in your life that is worth fighting for? I know for me, to answer that question, family is a big thing I would fight for. My mom, step dad, cousins, friends, they're very important to me. DeMolay to me is family, which is also worth fighting for. I believe in this organization and everything it teaches, so I would continue to work to improve it and make it better.

Take the time today to recognize those around you who have served in the military. I have a few friends overseas right now who I wish I could thank in person. Past or present, they all deserve a simple thank you for their service. On behalf of PA DeMolay, thank you for serving!

Until next time - "Dad" Joe Pullin

No comments:

Post a Comment