Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Introducing Bro. Nicholas Capes

Today's post comes from Bro. Nick Capes, of Illinois DeMolay, who will be assisting "Dad" Panitzke and "Dad" Loughin  in running the Key Man Conference this year. Check it out and get to know him!

Greetings brothers! My name is Nicholas Capes and I am excited to be this year’s Youth Director of the new Key Man University!

As some of you may know, I am currently the State Master Councilor of Illinois. My upbringing through DeMolay was fairly quick. I joined DeMolay in March of 2010 and became an appointed state officer 8 months later. Four months after that, I was elected State Junior Councilor by my brothers and set along the fast track of learning years of DeMolay material in a matter of one. During my time as State Junior Councilor, I also served as Master Councilor of my home chapter, David M. Wheeler Chapter. That same year, I was elected Deputy State Master Councilor.


Being both the Master Councilor of my chapter and the Deputy State Master Councilor of my jurisdiction was definitely one of the hardest times of my life. A mere three years and two months after I joined the order, I was elected State Master Councilor for one of the most prosperous Jurisdictions in DeMolay International, and it was a great achievement. It definitely goes to show that anything is possible when you put your heart and soul into it.


As you have been reading, this year’s Key Man is being overhauled. We are hoping to bring individualized experiences to all of you. If you have attended Key Man before, I recommend you come again and enjoy what the new Key Man University has to offer. If you know me personally, you know I am energetic and sometimes crazy, so imagine what Key Man 2014 is going to be like with me as Youth Director!


As always, I hope you are enjoying your time in DeMolay. I invite all active DeMolays to attend KMU, as I am sure there is something you will learn. There is nothing better than a week spent with your brothers. And don’t forget, sweethearts are allowed to attend now too!


If you have any questions, I am available by email me at n.capes@ildemolay.org, or you can message me on Facebook. I am always looking for new ideas so don’t be afraid to offer some advice! We are here for you, which means we need your input. Let us make this the best Key Man ever!


Nicholas Capes
Youth Director, Key Man 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment