Monday, April 1, 2013

PA's Senior DeMolays - Lyell Cook

I'm always looking for new ideas for series of articles. Last week, as I was working on documents for Convention, I stumbled across a great interview of a Senior DeMolay from Erie Chapter. This gave me the idea to begin spotlighting some of Pennsylvania's Senior DeMolays who are making an impact on their community.

It seems only appropriate that we start this series with Brother who gave me the idea. Bro. Lyell Cook is currently serving as the Erie County Coroner (and has been doing so since 2000.) He is an active supporter of Erie Chapter and holds the Legion of Honor. The Erie Reader, an online magazine, produced a great piece about Bro. Cook and I encourage all of you to read it. It can be found here: http://www.eriereader.com/article/you-ought-to-know-lyell-cook

I think it's easy to see how DeMolay impacted Bro. Cook's life. He is a model of public service and DeMolay experience, which all should try to emulate. We hope to have Bro. Cook at Convention 2103 so that everyone can meet him and experience his jovial nature first hand.

If you have information on a Senior DeMolay from Pennsylvania that deserves a write up here on the blog, shoot the information to webmaster@pademolay.org and I'll be glad to post it!

Frat! ~ "Dad" Seth Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment